Our Greenhouse Dream
Helping our Community Grow!
A Place To Work, and a Place to Learn!
● Profit sufficient to employ at least 2 community members
● Become a ‘Learning Lab’ for our community youth
Major Improvements in Market Management
● Local marketing relationships –like Clearcreek Baptist Bible College, Tractor Supply, Pic Pac, and others
● Church/School plant sales – Loveland & Trinity UMC & others
● Reduced loss – better production to match demand
Recent Major Improvements
● More reliable heating
● Increased ventilation
● A new ‘High Tunnel’ for vegetables and season extension
● New equipment to till and maintain the property
There are four large greenhouses, a high tunnel and a germination room/office. During the winter months, the greenhouses hold the starts of vegetable and bedding flowers, which are sold to the community in the spring. The greenhouses offer a reasonable and inexpensive way for people to grow gardens or have beautiful flower beds.
We have our Mother's Day Event the week before Mother's Day. Local schools bring the children in to "shop" for a plant to give that important person in their life. Flowers are placed in donated mugs, planters, and decorated pots for the children to purchase at a special cost just for them. They get to buy a present, visit the greenhouses, and have fun doing it. Everyone enjoys the days that the kids visit.
The greenhouses market mums, that are sold locally, as well as to Churches and schools for fundraisers. If you would like to sell mums as a fundraiser please let the greenhouse manager know.
One of the greenhouses and the High Tunnel are being used for food production. Supplying the HS Kitchen and others with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, leaf lettuce, and kale.
Contact Information for the Greenhouses:
Call 606/337-3613 Ext 320, Email Casey,